What is the Paper Egg Campaign?
Held for several weeks each spring, the annual Paper Egg Campaign is one of Easter Seals’ signature national fundraising and awareness initiatives. The Paper Egg Campaign – part of our “March is Easter Seals Month” celebrations – is a grassroots fundraising effort that brings communities together to raise funds for Canadians living with disabilities.
During the Paper Egg Campaign period (March 25 – April 21, 2019), Easter Seals’ corporate retail partners in cities and towns all across Canada will encourage their customers to make a donation to Easter Seals by purchasing a colourful Paper Egg at the checkout counter. Customers are asked to write or sign their name on the eggs, which stores will then proudly display on their windows and walls to create a powerful display of support. If you can’t find the Paper Eggs in your local store, you can still participate! Make a donation online and receive a digital Paper Egg frame for your social media profile.
Easter Seals is a national charity with close to 100 years of history and community service in Canada. Since its founding in 1921, Easter Seals staff and volunteers have worked tirelessly to provide programs and services to enhance the independence, quality of life, and well-being of children, youth and adults who are living with disabilities. Funds raised through the Paper Egg Campaign will enable Easter Seals to continue delivering these programs and services, such as:
- Financial assistance and direct-to-client programs for mobility equipment, assistive technology, communication devices and learning aids to maximize independence and enhance quality of life
- Sport, recreation and leisure programming to encourage active participation and enhanced physical and mental well-being
- Incredible, life-changing summer camp programs for children and youth living with disabilities
- Education, job training, employment services and social enterprise initiatives to inspire positive and productive lives
- Scholarships and bursaries to support youth with disabilities in their pursuit for personal growth and achievement through continuous learning and higher education
- Rehabilitative and occupational therapy programs to improve life skills and optimize functional ability
- Residential and respite programs for families of children with disabilities and serious medical conditions
- The Access 2 Card Program which promotes social inclusion through enhanced access to entertainment, cultural and recreation opportunities for people with permanent disabilities who require the aid of a support person
Visit the Easter Seals website to learn more about us, and our programs and services.