Held for several weeks each spring, the annual Paper Egg Campaign is one of Easter Seals’ signature national fundraising and awareness initiatives. The Paper Egg Campaign – part of our “Easter Seals Month” celebrations – is a grassroots fundraising effort that brings communities together to raise funds for Canadians living with disabilities.
From March 25 – April 21, 2019, our corporate retail partners in cities and towns all across Canada will encourage their customers to purchase colourful Easter Seals paper eggs at the checkout counters. Customers are asked to sign their name on the eggs, which are then proudly displayed on store windows and walls to create a powerful display of support. You can also purchase eggs online and send a personalized Easter Seals Spring eCard to your family and friends.
Funds raised through the Campaign allow Easter Seals to deliver a variety of programs and services for Canadians living with disabilities. Egg sales help to fund:
- Financial assistance and direct-to-client programs for mobility equipment, assistive technology, communication devices and learning aids to maximize independence and enhance quality of life
- Sport, recreation and leisure programming to encourage active participation and enhanced well-being
- Incredible, life-changing summer camp programs for children and youth living with disabilities
- Education, job training, employment services and social enterprise initiatives to inspire positive and productive lives
- Scholarships and bursaries to support youth with disabilities in their pursuit for personal growth and achievement through continuous learning and higher education
- Rehabilitative and occupational therapy programs to improve life skills and optimize functional ability
- Residential and respite programs for families of children with disabilities and serious medical conditions
- The Access 2 Program to improve social inclusion through access to entertainment and recreation opportunities for people with permanent disabilities who require the aid of a support person
Easter Seals thanks its National Sponsor, Booster Juice, its local and regional sponsors, and all Canadians for supporting the Paper Egg Campaign every spring since 2000.
With your support, we can help all Canadian living with disabilities become #unstoppABLE!